For those who know me, I'd choose a beach getaway over a shopping spree holiday. So when I had to decide where would Iman's first legit travel be, I picked Krabi. Nice beach, Halal food and she gets to experience being on an airplane.
The only thing I wasn't sure about was whether the beach was suitable for an 8 month old baby.
Months back I came across this Instagram page; Secret Escapes where they'd share luxury hotels at an affordable price. I saw a great deal for a hotel at Krabi and quickl booked it. It was FANTASTIC and location was right in the centre of food paradise.
Thanks to the world of social media , we can now have lots of options for travelling, and believe it or not, I spent not more than $500 for a 3 day 2 night stay at Krabi.
This is the breakdown;
1) Flight - $250 (booked last min)
2) Accomodation for 2 nights breakfast incl - $80 *per pax
3) Food for 3 days (2 dinner, 2 lunch) - $100
4) Island Hopping incl snorkeling - $50
Total - $480
The main adventure is in Day 2 where we did all the island hopping which includes snorkeling and swimming. I was really nervous at first but somehow everything fell in place.
1) Our bed in the hotel is really huge, all 3 of us had more than enough space. Breakfast was a very generous spread and lots of baby friendly food. Plus high chair available. The hotel was clean, spacious and has a modern feel.
2) During the boat ride, Iman slept half the time. I managed to nurse her when everyone in the boat went snorkeling.
3) When we were at the islands, the waters were vey calm. The waves were very light and the waters were so clear. This is such a perfect place for babies/toddlers.
4) Halal food was all walking distance from our hotel; Panan Krabi Resort. Plus nice cafes along the streets.
1) Walking around the hotel area with a pram is a NO-NO. A carrier would be ideal.
2) Food wise was great except the local way cooking can sometimes be too salty and sweet. Look at the amount of condensed milk on the Banana Pancake.
3) Being with a baby meant we had to take turns to do the snorkeling part.
Writing this blog makes me miss the trip so much. It was a good mix of adventure, relaxation and bonding time. And I'm just so glad Iman loves the water as much as we do.
Anyway here's a sneak peak of our new collection; #LSwithyou, a collaboration with artists; Sijun and Shalom with special needs. Sijun's new series is all about the Underwater! Get ready for some vibrant, fun and bold colours.
Launching this Thursday!