MOIST LEMON CAKE
by Munira Bamadhaj (@glazeddesserts)
- 425g Cake Flour
- 380g Fine Sugar
- 2tbsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Sea Salt
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 225g Unsalted Butter, cold and cubed
- 2tsp Lemon Extract
- 340g Fresh Milk
- 85g Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 165°C. Grease and line two 8 inch pans or three 6 inch pans.
2. Combine cake flour, baking powder, sea salt, lemon zest and fine sugar in a mixer. With a paddle attachment mix the ingredients for a few seconds.
3. Add the butter and mix until mixture resembles coarse sand.
4. In another bowl, whisk together all the remaining wet ingredients.
5. Pour 1/3 of the wet ingredients into the mixer. Turn the speed to medium high and beat for 2 minutes.
6. Once mixture turns pale and fluffy, slowly add the remaining liquid. Scrape teacher bowl and mix on high for 30 more seconds.
7. Divide mixture equally into the prepared pans. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove and cool completely on a wired rack.
8. Fill & frost your cake with whipped cream or buttercream.